Thursday, May 24, 2012

Second Post

Hey guys how's it going.  Just thought I would follow up by talking a little bit about my interests in works of fiction are and some of the things I'm going to be talking about on this blog.  First off I'll say that I'm a big David Lynch fan.  Love Twin Peaks and Mulholland Drive is one of my favourite films.  For any one that hasn't heard of David Lynch, if you like surreal, weird stories with very unique characters, you should check him out.  Also am a big fan of Angelo Badalamenti's music,a  composer that David Lynch uses a lot for his works.  I'm also a big Stanley Kubrick fan.  I pretty much love all his films.  My favourites are Lolita and The Shining.  Now I've watched a lot of TV shows as well, and one of my favourites is definitely Freaks and Geeks.  For fiction books, Stephen King is definitely my favourite author.  I've read a lot of his novels but still have a long way to go- he has written a lot.  Am also a fan of graphic novels, read the Scott Pilgrim books which are awesome and the Sin City series is just stunningly amazing.  If I didn't control myself, I could get obsessed over those.  I am also a big fan of the classic novels, my favourite being The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde.

How did I really start getting into watching films in a serious fashion?  Interestingly, I made it a goal of mine to watch all the movies on IMDB's Top 250 movies.  If anyone doesn't know, it the Internet Movie Database's list of the top movies as voted by users.  Now I totally get that this list isn't in any way definitive.  But, it's a great starting point for getting to know great movies and it started me off to becoming extremely familiar with a lot of great movies and directors I had never known of before.

So I just wanted to give an overview in this post of a lot of the things I would be talking about in this blog.  A lot of the things you see here in this post I'll be talking about more in depth in my next posts.  I'll start off talking about my favourite things; favourite films, TV shows, books, authors, directors and such.  Then from there I'll go on to a more variety of these things, not only my favourites.   

No comments:

Post a Comment